Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day Three: Lies so far: 1ish

The only lie I told today was a carryover from yesterday's lie. Everyone came in asking about how late the boyfriend worked last night, and so I had to lie again about it.

That's the problem with lies. They're never simple. They grow, snowball, take on lives of their own.

Radical honesty is sounding better and better. I only wish I had a job that would allow it. If I was 'radically honest' with my customers and coworkers, not only would I lose my job, I'd probably get my restaurant shut down by the health department.*

*Not that it should - it's actually quite clean compared to other places I've worked - I mean that I would have to, once in a while, tell people that I touched their bread with my bare hand - nothing terrible, but the health department might not approve. (I wash my hands regularly, I promise!!)

Oh, and last night the bar ran out of regular coffee so I served decaf to everyone. And no, I didn't tell anyone. I am a horrible person. Don't worry though - we got more coffee this morning, so everyone who drank coffee today got their expected dose of caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment